Saturday 10 April 2010

Busy week

As the title notes, its been a busy week.

In no particular order Ive realised that Im within a month of finishing work, Ive received my tankbag, Ive sorted out travel insurance, Ive applied for and received today the visa for Mongolia, received moulded earplugs, had a look through a book that the baddest man in the office bought me called 1000 places to see before you die (Ill be back to bore everyone senseless in the autumn) and fired stuff onto eBay.

Not related to the trip Ive been to the gym every night apart from Wednesday where I managed to finish third in a game of poker and have loads to do this afternoon before catching up with friends this evening then going to go experience a horsey event tomorrow.

Meanwhile Ive somehow managed to hold it together at work after getting a little upset on Monday. Maybe theres a load going through my head at the minute.

A couple of weeks ago I went to the Scottish Motorcycle Show and spoke to the guy from Metal Mule for a while. He recounted a story about his first big overland tour and told me that he had a really hectic time in the months up to leaving and managed to get a few weeks into the trip before stopping and realising he had still been on fast forward up til then. Looks like Im in a similar position with allsorts running through my mind. At the moment Im planning a couple of stops early in Europe so am hoping I can catch my breath before I get out of the realms of the familiar.

Now if only someone would buy my flat. Times a ticking...

1 comment:

  1. Loving the photos Martyn - Istanbul looked great. Been many years since I was there backpacking. Do they still have the venicular railway ??

    ReplyDelete