Friday 17 September 2010

Sittin by the dock of the bay

I've done a fair bit of travel this past week, moved eight time zones and then three states south. I'm sitting across the bay from San Francisco although due to the fog that's been over much of the west coast on my way south I can't see the Golden Gate bridge or Alcatraz. Meanwhile Ive picked up a Dodge Charger rental car and had someone drive into me as I moved through a car park in Oregon.


All is well otherwise and although I'm kind of glad to be able to sit wearing a pair of shorts and not fuss about packing stuff away too tidy due to the big boot on the car, I am missing the bike and the last couple of days drive on Route 1 would have been fantastic on the bike. If I was in any doubt then the big smile on the R1200GS rider I spoke to earlier in the day would dispel that.

In comparison to the rest of the trip it all seems so easy now. I'm warm, or cool as required, there's a wealth of choices for accommodation and eating, and the roads are smooth and simple. It's all quite a contrast.

Location:Princess St,Sausalito,United States

3 comments:

  1. A Dodge Charger - ace. Need to get some more photos of that. Is that the famous movie one, or is that the Challenger I'm thinking of ?
    (What was the movie again...)
    Andy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Andy, the Charger you might be thinking of was the General Lee, bright orange with the doors sealed shut. Good memories there, and not just of the car...

    Unfortunately the car is just a memory now. They don't make em like they used to you know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha - know what you mean about the other memorable part of that series :-)
    Checked Wiki & the Challenger movie I was thinking about was the original Vanishing Point. Classic.
    Andy

    ReplyDelete