Sunday 23 May 2010

Confusion

I've had a number of false starts to the trip so far, from leaving work, to leaving home, to leaving my mothers house then leaving family in Germany.

Tomorrow brings a new take, a new perspective. While I've known I'm on my way for a while now I've not quite been on the trip proper. There's been a lot of familiarity and I've worked through Europe so far to familiar places (with a quick trip back to sunny Aberdeen in the midst). Tomorrow marks a new start and once I'm east of the Furkapass in Switzerland it's all new. So far I've nothing booked. No arrangements are made. I won't have a clue about where I'm working toward on a daily basis but fingers crossed I'll still see one or two friendly faces on the way. Two weeks in and the trip really gets started tomorrow.

Location:Samoëns,France

3 comments:

  1. An awfully big adventure eh? Hope you made it through the passes OK - assume there was still snow at the top? Just getting the gear together for my diddy trip to Spain this weekend - great stuff...Bill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, a little early for the big passes so far but I managed to get on to the car train at Furka. Still awfy pretty but there were three passes up there and I would rather have ridden one. Still plenty to see in the next wee while though.

    All the best with Spain in the meantime, will be a really good trip I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Martyn. What a great position to be in. Heading off into places new. Good on you. Keep blogging and letting us know where you get to. Sals

    ReplyDelete