Saturday 8 May 2010

This is the day...

Well, this is it I guess. It's 11:00am at ASDA in Aberdeen. Bill arranged a few folk to meet up to try and make sure I make it at least south of the river and this is where it all really begins.

As you'll see from the photo I've managed to get the bike all loaded up. From getting away last weekend I knew the bike was going to be a little heavier and handle differently but there's another few kilos on there today. I'll be used to it by the end of the trip.

That's the bike. As far as I'm concerned I'm shattered. There's been an awful lot happening recently and a huge amount to sort (or at least try to sort) in the run up to today. A couple more Guinness than I planned last night combined with the nerves and excitement for today waking me up early mean that I'm looking forward to some early nights and long lies in the next few days.

Who knows what's coming up over the next few months, it will be an exciting time and I'm sure at least some of it will make it's way onto the blog here. So it's a fond farewell to Aberdeen and all that put up with me over the last few months, I'll be back.


Location:ASDA, Bridge of Dee

4 comments:

  1. Hey M,

    We passed your departure convoy at the top of the Slug Road just as we were returning from Fife at about 11.55. Not sure if you saw the truck!

    I wonder how many of the folks you passed thought that you were just another load of pain in the arse bikers rather than the start of a round the world odyssey? Funny eh! Hope you lost the convoy by Stoney ;-) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll give you pain in the arse, and not in a Turkish prison way...

    Yeah, saw the truck as we came up to one of the corners and it was nice to have a good send off. Took til near Glasgow before I shook Alamo though. Hope the wedding was good.

    It's not quite hit me that I'm unemployed yet but I'll get by. Hi to the rest of the guys and hope it's not too quiet. Bad man I'm sure will get back onto the photography chat before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and a big thanks to everyone who turned up and saw me off on Saturday. Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Martyn,
    Glad you got away ok, but really sorry I missed your send of - I should have asked you what was happening !!

    Looking forward to the updates as you go, and I'll keep checking Spot :-)

    ReplyDelete